Number Of Blog Views!

Thursday 19 February 2015

Chapter 5....Dealing with THAT time of the month!

Hiya guys,

Sorry I havent bloged for a while but I am back and determined to post something every week! Now that's out of the way, this week I have decided to discuss the taboo subject of periods!


In my experience, I generally want to snuggle under my duvet with a dominos watching Netflix but, unfortunately this isn't always possible as there are little commitments that we all have; school or work!

But DONT worry there are things that you can do too make THAT time of the month a little bit easier!

The first thing is that you should remember that it is okay to let yourself have that day of feeling sorry for yourself and too just lounge around in your pjames, order food and watch American Horror Story! On the other hand you should also keep in mind that you need to keep active and that exercise will help with the cramping, as well as keeping moving, paracetamol and lots of water will help this.

Whilst we are on the subject of cramping, baths really soothe the pain. I personally favour showers over baths. But when I do have one, I use a lush product my favourite is Twilight! It smells of everything that I love, I like to have baths at night so that it calms me down before its time to go to bed.

Whilst I am in bed I like to use water bottles, I put them in the bed before I go to sleep so it makes the sheets all cosy and warm. During the day I like to use heat patches, I use the ones with ibroprophen so that it sinks in the skin and soothes the pain.

I also love to drink coffee, but caffeine doesn't go well with a lot of pain medicines that I take for the whist I am on my period. So as a substitute I drink hot chocolate or decafe coffee. My one true love is Starbucks so I will always have a cheeky frappe when I am in town.

My skin is a big problem when I am on my period, my skin flares up massively! I generally don't get spots at all but my skin is naturally quite oily around my t zone area. So I use witch-hazel products and also St ives exfoliator.
 
Over all folks the biggest thing is that, you get to know your body and the way it works! For example I know that I come on late and I am very heavy so I will ALWAYS carry around some tampons JUST IN CASE! Make sure to always have a JUST IN CASE package with you in your bag, with everything that you may need with you, e.g. tampons, pads and whatever else you think you may need.

Thank you for reading this I hope you found it useful, please tweet me any suggestions for future blogs and leave a comment telling me what you thought or any tips and tricks dealing with THAT time of the month!

Love Char xo




No comments:

Post a Comment